Monday, September 08, 2008

TOTORO FOREST AUCTION


I got to attend a great art auction over at Pixar Saturday night. A few of the artists there organized the event to raise money for the Totoro Forest Foundation, which help preserve the forest in Japan that inspired Hayao Miyazaki. There was A LOT of incredible work in the show! I even won a bid! I got a great piece by the talented Jay Shuster!...

I've been a fan of Jay's work ever since I saw his stuff in the Episode 1 and 2 "Art of" books.  I can't wait to hang it up at home. But first it's taking a trip to the Cartoon Art Museum in San Fran for a couple months. I feel like a high roller with a piece of art "on loan" to a museum! 

Thanks to everyone at Pixar for organizing a great event!

1 comment:

Josh Parpan said...

Wow, you got that one!!
It was great bumping into you at the show, what a fun day!