Friday, December 01, 2006

Fosters Debut


I've been burning the midnight (and weekend) oil on some Foster's freelance and I can finally get the rewards of all my hard work (well, besides the paycheck...) The first episode I storyboarded is going to air this Saturday at 2 and again on Monday at 6:30 (PST). I guess it premiered on Thanksgiving (before the "Good Wilt Hunting" movie), but I missed it! If you are as impatient as I am, then check out the you tube version. Gotta love those hard core fans...

When you storyboard you often don't have any designs to work off of, so sometimes you need to make a pass to have an idea. Below are my roughs for a gang of thugs in this particular episode. After I board the show, then someone much more talented than myself (in this case, it's the amazing Ben Balistreri) takes over and designs the final look for production.



13 comments:

Anonymous said...

cool.

congratulations.

Hans said...

Hey Kelsey,

Congrats! I envy anyone who's working on Fosters. Cool characters, it looks like it's going to be fun.

Have a great weekend

Hans

Unknown said...

AWESOME!! COngrat!! FOster is one of my favourite shows right now!

the doodlers said...

Hey there, we like your drawn version of Omnizot better than the final.

I boarded on the Clone High series and the Dracula character in the Billy & Mandy post further down, has a certain resemblance to the character of Toots, Joan of Arc's foster dad in Clone High. Is it the same actor?

Lots a fun stuff you have here. We've added your blog to our links so we can visit often! Cheers!

Kmann said...

Thanks for stopping by guys!

The actor that voices the Dracula character is the very talented Phil LaMarr. He's one of the best in the industry!

Marcelo Braga said...

Congrats, man! You sure got the spirit of the cartoon!

Anonymous said...

haha:) these characters totally put a smile on my face. great proportions and design.

Mike.Gauss said...

wowzers great work !!

SteveLambe said...

Wow! I think the designs you have here are pretty awesome. No need to be revised.

James Dylan said...

characters look like a lot of fun! awesome work dude.

David Colman said...

regardless of someone taking over..these are great by themselves..

g1toons said...

nice i love fosters

Anonymous said...

dude, congrats. love your stuff.